This is another fun Autumn craft to do. It is simple, colorful and only a little bit messy (if that worries you). Making marbled leaves is a great way to celebrate Fall.
We had fun mixing up colors and watching what happens when you let them swirl together. No two leaves were the same and giggles ensued with the leftover shaving cream. Of course we ended up with a shaving cream fight, shaving cream painting in the bath, and then fun in the tub! It is amazing how much mess my girls can make while crafting. Neat, apparently, is not in their vocabulary 😉
You will need:
- White card stock
- Shaving cream
- Disposable pans (to make clean up easier!)
- Leaf cutouts
- Scrap cardboard (as a scraper)
What to do:
- Cut out leaves on white card stock.
- Fill your disposable pan with shaving cream.
- Drop blobs of paint on the shaving cream and using a skewer swirl it around (but don’t over mix so the colors become one).
- Press a leaf cutout onto the top of the shaving cream (don’t press too hard!).
- Lift up the leaf and scrape the excess shaving cream off with a piece of cardboard. (You can let it sit and soak into the card stock for a little bit if you desire.)
- Leave to dry.
- You could hang the leaves up as a banner or bunting to decorate.
Here are the leaves that we used to print.
I hope that you have fun with making these marbled leaves. We are making Thanksgiving Cards with our leaves, and the girls want to make some bunting for their room with it.
Stay tuned for more crafts coming your way soon! We love crafts and we hope that you do too!