Some days you just need a fun craft to then stomp around the house in. This is that craft! Who doesn’t love a monster feet craft? Don’t like monsters? Well, how about dinosaur feet? Dragon feet? Yeti feet? The imagination is yours and the end result is amazing.
I love making crafts from things I have around the house. I believe that the only thing I needed to buy were some sponges. And of course we visited our friendly neighborhood dollar store for that!
So, how do you make these spectacular feet? It is easy (and only a little bit sticky).
To make them you will need:
- Empty tissue boxes or empty cereal boxes
- Tissue paper or construction paper (you can use wrapping paper or whatever you have on hand)
Now that you have all your items, let’s put them together.
- Rip up tissue or construction paper into small pieces. If you are doing monster feet you can do multi-color, or if you are making a dino, just use different shades of green.
- Glue the colored paper all over the boxes, or sponge paint to cover the boxes (you could do both if you wanted).
- If using cereal boxes, make sure the top is sealed shut and then cut out an oval in each box that is large enough for your child’s foot
- Glue toes to the boxes. You can use sponges cut out like claws (simple triangles) or you can make fun colored toes and toenails from colored paper.
So now you have your feet and they are all dry, your children can have fun stomping around the house in their monster or dino feet. Roar, make silly noises, get in the fun!