We really love crafts in our household. Most days we look at what we have at home and create something from that, but some days we go all out and actually purchase something specific. Peg Dolls have been a hit with my girls, and we have been making them for friends too. But don’t worry boys – if you don’t want to make a peg doll, why not make a peg alien?
You will need:
- Wooden clothespins/pegs (the old style – we bought these on Amazon)
- Fabric scraps
- Fine makers
- Paint (if you like)
- Craft glue or hot glue
- String, yarn, ribbon, small buttons and other notions
- Using makers (or paint) design the hair and face of your doll on a peg (You could use yarn to make hair if you like. Glue it on.)
- Color the feet to make shoes
- Using fabric scraps make dresses for your dolls.
- Add accessories to your dresses as your imagination likes. You can add belts, necklaces, buttons. Why not a hat? Whatever you like!
Alternate: Clothespin Aliens
You will need:
- Wooden clothespins
- Small googly eyes
- Paint your clothespin whatever color you like.
- Add glitter (if you like) while the paint is wet.
- Glue on googly eyes or add the face with maker (when the peg is dry)
- Take 2 pipe cleaners and cut them in half.
- Twist them around the top of the peg.
- Separate them as arms.
- Fold over the ends of each arm to make hands.
- Shape as you like.
These really are fun and easy to make. And they bring delight to your children!
We later made ballerinas for the girls in S&K’s ballet class to celebrate the end of the year recital. How cute are these?
I hope you have some fun making these. There is no limit to what you can do – let your imagination soar!